Re: A82: questions (like you haven't seen that subject before)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

At 10:54 PM 5/12/98 -0400, you wrote:
>>    You sound like you are rewriting the game from scratch. You do know
>> the source was released, I hope. Programming on paper? No wonder its
>> been like 8 months since you started the project. It will be another
>> year before you finish it. SQRXZ 85 is good no doubt, but it probably
>> took the author a couple of months to write what will take you over a
>> year to port.
>>   Sam
>
>Yup - he wants to write his own game.  IMHO it would be better just to port
>it.  At least then a level converter could be made.

I could've ported the game in a month if I didn't want to try my hand at an
A.I. engine.  I wanted to make SQRXZ 82 reusable and expandable.  SQRXZ II:
 The Revenge of SQRXZ will have many advancements to the A.I. engine and
will allow the enemies to do much more than in SQRXZ.  Every enemy and
SQRXZ will have the capability to fire and I might change from 6-way
scrolling to 8-way scrolling.  Some enemies will be allowed to jump and
there might even be bosses.  Honestly, I haven't really thought about what
I'm going to put in SQRXZ II, but expect it to be a huge demonstration of
the second version of the A.I. engine.

                 Thomas J. Hruska -- thruska@tir.com
                    http://shinelight.home.ml.org

Follow-Ups: References: