[TI-M] Re: Error/Too bad?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[TI-M] Re: Error/Too bad?

In fact, I think this behavior is a lot more sensical than just blurting
out an answer.  It happens a lot when there is some ambiguity in the
equation.  That is to say, it may depend on a piece of information
about the value of a variable.  A lot of times we implicitly assume
something is greater than zero, or is non-zero, etc.  The CAS shouldn't
make these same implicit assumptions.  In fact, in general, the TI
CAS is a little too forgiving.  For example, if you have an equation,
and you divide by x (where x is not defined as having a value).  It will
happily do it, and assume that x won't be zero.

--
Andy Selle <aselle@ticalc.org>
   Programming and System Administration, Survey Editor, Accounts Manager