TI-M: on TI-89: can I compare expressions... ?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TI-M: on TI-89: can I compare expressions... ?

This is probably an easy question, but is there a sort of comparison
function on the TI-89 that would allow me to compare two expressions or
functions to see if they are equal to eachother?

Such as,

Is [(x^2 + y^2) = (x*x  1/y^-2)] ?  or how about is [e^(x-y) = e^x -
e^y] ?
And the calculator would tell me "yes" or "1", or "no" or "0"
I know that the 1st expression above is indeed true. But these are just
an examples.

I'm hoping to be able to find a way to compare any expression to another
that may be the same thing, but written differently, to see if they are
equal to eachother. It may involve multiple variables like above, so
graphing and comparing won't always be an option (as far as I know).
This is would be a great time saver for me.

Thanks for any input.

B. Glover