TI-M: Yet another integral question...

[Next][Index][Thread]

TI-M: Yet another integral question...

Let's say I have two parametric functions x(t) and y(t).  How do I find the
definite integral of y(x) dx between two bounds, given that y(x) is itself a
function but one I'm unable to define explicitly?  I'm trying to find the
area between the curve define by...

x(t) = 5*(sin(t) - (t - 2)*cos(t))
y(t) = -5 * (cos(t) + (t - 2)*sin(t) - 1)

...and the x-axis, from t = 2 to t = 0 [ x = 5*sin(2) to x = 10 ].  As far as
I know, you can't express y in terms of x alone, even though it is a function
of x on the given interval (well...at least I think so...).  Any ideas to do
this without approximating?  And if I had to approximate...what would be the
best (easiest?) method to approximate it?

Thanks, just keeping this list alive :)

JayEll