Re: TI-M: Integral of x^x

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-M: Integral of x^x

Well sure... definite integrals can exist as long as the function values
within the limits of integration are bounded.  That is to say you can't
have any singularities if you want to integrate of a <= x <= b... i.e.
this is bad. .. integral(1/x,x,-1,1)... The problem, though is that this
can only be done on a case by case numerical way.  You cannot establish a
explicit simplification of the indefinite integral.  In fact, the definite
integral from 0 to infinity of x^x does not exist, because x^x is
unbounded as x->infinity.

--
Andy Selle <aselle@ticalc.org>
   Programming and System Administration, Survey Editor, Accounts Manager