[TI-H] Re: Connecting a gps tracking mouse to the Ti-89

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Mark Blome wrote:

> Hi everybody!
>
> some days ago I read an article about the way one can connect a simple
> gps-receiver to a pda via the serial port. I thought: this should be
> possible with the Ti-89 as well!
> As I am a novice either in Ti89 hardware as well as in its assembly
> programing, I am not sure if Ti-89s hardware in generell is cabable of
> receiving gps-data via its link cable! For example: the gps serial
> port will send the data with 4800 bits per sec. Is there a way to tell
> the Ti-89 to receive data with a specific transfer rate? Is there a
> kind of a time counter in the calculator (eg for speed calculations
> etc.)?
>
> Thanks for any help!
>
> Mark

Unfortunatly there is no way of getting true real time on most calcs.
They all drift in speed depending on battry and temperature.
I think some calcs like the 83+ (maybe silver edition is needed) and
v200 has some kind of realtime circuit in it.
I don't  know how usable it is though.

--Olle