[TI-H] Re: Connecting a gps tracking mouse to the Ti-89

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[TI-H] Re: Connecting a gps tracking mouse to the Ti-89

Hi, Ronald!

> > > Is there a way to tell the Ti-89 to receive data with a
> > > specific transfer rate? Is there a kind of a time
> > > counter in the calculator (eg for speed calculations etc.)?
> >
> > You can either write a serial-routine that has to be calibrated
> > every time it is run or you can build a small interface with a
> > little uC that converts serial to Ti-Protocol.
> > A friend of mine has done both for Ti82/83, first the serial-routine,
> > then he discovered it would be too much work for the Ti and switched
> > over to a simple protocol and a uC-Interface.
>
> Cool, do you have a link of that?! Or is it the PIClink?

I'm not absolutely sure, but I guess Heiko meant our radio network project.
You can find some very poor information at http://www.uni-
magdeburg.de/lingner/tinet/index-en.htm. We're working on a website with all
details on it, but that takes time and sometimes time's what you just don't
have... However this stuff about still being involved in the competition is
outdated so if you have specific questions, they'll get answered.

The project has nothing to do with the PIClink, the microcontroller interface
part is based on an 8051 compatible microcontroller, but it does much more
than just a conversion between RS232 and the selfmade (TI-protocol like)
protocol, so sending you the source code of this won't be of much use, I
guess. Rather take a look at the PIClink or (fast)AVRlink source. I once also
developped an 8051link, but though it's generally working this project ain't
finished, yet. If you'd like to have the (short) source code of this, no
problem. Oh, and the TI-82/83 RS232 routine is available upon request, too.
However, as Heiko said, its use is problematic due to the timing.

Bye, Burkart