[TI-H] Re: I remember hearing of a ti hub project a few years ago...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[TI-H] Re: I remember hearing of a ti hub project a few years ago...

Insted of trying to make a router/hub for the calc, one might try to make a nic
for the calc's and use a shared media for communation.

Basicly the nic would have an clock and data IO on the calc end, a calc
interface pic that would handle talking to the calc, buffer ram (so we can go
faster than 9600bps), and a network interface pic on the shared media to handle
error corection, network ID etc.

Having to two pics might seem to be a lot of overhead but then by seperating
them it alows us to make the network end of the nic standard for all the calcs
(and even maybe even computers and printers).

And with a silent linking ablities of the TI calcs one could look for files on
the network (can we say Napster).

"You can't spell Windows with out ___DO_S"