[TI-H] PIXpander

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[TI-H] PIXpander

Hello folks,
did anybody try to get Sami's PIXpander working (sami.ticalc.org)?

It doesn't work for me and I would like to get more information.

If there are some of you who also tried it and didn't get it working
here are some hints:
1. There's a bug in Sami's schematic. The positions of the button and
the corresponding resistor must be exchanged. The program expects a high
signal when the button is pressed, but in the schematic it works the
other way round.
2. Pin 2 of the 2.5mm jack is the middle of the plug, pin 3 is the tip.
The positions of the contacts are a bit confusing.
3. Non-Sony memory cards may require the 7.5V power supply. My card
(which is in fact an imitation) didn't work without.

What works for me, and what doesn't?
1. If I try to send data from the calc to the PIXpander, the LED starts
blinking. This means that the header has been sent properly. However, if
I push the button the PIXpander only makes a few number of actions and
returns to the main loop, the calc responds with a transmission error.
2. If I start a (self-written) link port scanner and tell the PIXpander
to send something, it really sends 'something'. Since I haven't been
able to perform a proper saving action to the memory card this is a
random sequence.

Conclusion:
The link port interface seems to work.
The card seems to work.

Does anybody have some experience (ideas don't help, I've got ideas
myself)?
Or a link to a page where I can find the PSX memory card protocol?

I'll go and get a real Sony memory card, maybe it works better with this
one.