[TI-H] Re: I remember hearing of a ti hub project a few years ago...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[TI-H] Re: I remember hearing of a ti hub project a few years ago...

Here is another idea:

Get someone to learn how to program a PIC Microcontroller and use it to setup a basic 4-Port Hub which will send data to each calc if data is sent to it. Of course this particular setup will not be TI-OS compliant to an extent. You could send vars to multiple calcs, but using TI-Basic for data transfer is out, unless drivers add a couple BASIC functions for hub use.

All one would have to do is wire a set of submini jacks into the B array on the Microcontroller and have some power supply to make sure the PIC gets 5V and a clock. One with minor skills in the PIC would be able to hack up a basic schematic in about an hour, and if we could get the IR-link code, could use that to code up the Variable-transfer code. The only drawback is that the data buffer is VERY small, a measly 16k or less, so transfer conditions have to be just right, unless some sort of Static RAM chip of something is also used off-chip. The device wouldn't be difficult, but since I cannot seem to get any PIC to program (especially the F84), I am kinda stuck on development myself.

Matrix-Zed E-Mail (Should This Be Removed?)