[TI-H] Re: I remember hearing of a ti hub project a few years ago...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[TI-H] Re: I remember hearing of a ti hub project a few years ago...

The point of the 'hub', then, if I understand correctly, would be to act as
a mailman and send packets to the correct calculator, i.e., if you have 4
calcs, calc 1 can send a packet to calc 4 without 2 or 3 hearing the packet
also.   Router?

>From: Nick Peaden <nitrocloud@netzero.net>
>To: ti-hardware@lists.ticalc.org
>Subject: [TI-H] Re: I remember hearing of a ti hub project a few years
>ago...
>Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2001 09:23:29 -0700
>

>I do remember that, and the concept is quite simple.  If you wan tI could
>make
>one in about one hour, although all participants either have to be one
>sender
>and three recievers in this case, since TI Basic isn't good enough to
>support
>such a hub.
>
>Giles Pollock wrote:
>
> > I seem to remember a project by someone to make a hub for ti
>calculators...
> > anyone still remember that?
> > Anyway, i had an idea, why build a hub when you can use a desktop (with
>usb
> > port) to do all the traffic routing using programs, and have enough
>ports
> > using the usb port with a few usb to parallel port devices... you would
> > need to make a little asm program so you could choose who you wanted to
> > send files to, and you could even make games for it if you knew how (i
> > dont).... anyone got any opinions?

-TenorDave
TenorDave@Hotmail.com
Tenordave@home.com