[TI-H] Re: Serial Link + Calc Freeze = ?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[TI-H] Re: Serial Link + Calc Freeze = ?

I just wanted everyone to know, I bought the real TI calble, I
figured I wasted $8 on something I can't use and I might as
well get it done right. I don't see any point to VTI though. I
can't get it to do anything.

Get your own "800" number
Voicemail, fax, email, and a lot more
http://www.ureach.com/reg/tag

---- On Wed, 11 Apr 2001, Gary Marsh (gmarsh@thezone.net) wrote:

> Yeah, the $4 serial link is a cheap substitute for a real
Texas
> Instruments 'black cable'. The bcc2 ("black cable compatible
2") cable
> is
> more likely to work on your computer, but still, it's not the
real
> thing,
> and isn't *guaranteed* to work, but it's more likely to work.
>
> For me, the $4 didn't work at all (just froze the calc), the
BCC cable
> (http://www.students.uiuc.edu/~fmhess/bccsl/bccsl.html)
didn't work
> either, and the bcc2 one works fine.
>
> The TI black cable is relatively cheap; you could save
yourself a big
> headache, and spend not much more money if you buy the actual
TI