[TI-H] Re: Serial Link + Calc Freeze = ?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[TI-H] Re: Serial Link + Calc Freeze = ?

So you never built a serial link that worked? What's SPICE? So
the $4 serial link is a pile of crap and I need to build
bcc2.gif thing?

Get your own "800" number
Voicemail, fax, email, and a lot more
http://www.ureach.com/reg/tag

---- On Tue, 10 Apr 2001, Gary Marsh (gmarsh@thezone.net) wrote:

> I've built both the BCC and $4 serial links, and had the same
> thing. Wouldn't work, calc would freeze even after the link's
been
> initialized by the software, etc...
>
> I drew up both circuits in SPICE, and created models for the
TI link
> port
> and EIA232 serial port.. and simulated both link designs. And
found out
> that neither!! of these two links put EIA232 compliant
voltages on the
> serial port.
>
> So, I designed/built this circuit, which works fine in SPICE:
>
> http://www.engr.mun.ca/~gmarsh/bcc2.gif
>
> It's what I'm presently using, and a couple of my friends are
using it
> as well.
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> - GM
>

> On Tue, 10 Apr 2001, Wouter v.d. Put wrote:
>

> > Normally, the TI gives an high signal to it's port (+5V).
> > When you short cut that (+5V to 0V) your calc stops, when
you get out
> your
> > plug, it runs just fine. Maybe there is a short cut in your
wire, you
> could
> > check that out by testing it with for example an other
electric
> device.
> >
> > Wouter
> >

> > >From: Social Outcast <sjaguar13@ureach.com>
> > >To: ti-hardware@lists.ticalc.org
> > >Subject: [TI-H] Serial Link + Calc Freeze = ?
> > >Date: Sun, 8 Apr 2001 21:07:28 -0400
> > >

> > >Hello,
> > >   I was wondering if someone could help me. I am trying to
> > >build a serial link. When I plug in the calc, it locks up.
It
> > >will lock up even if the other end isn't in the computer.
Does