[TI-H] Re: Serial Link + Calc Freeze = ?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[TI-H] Re: Serial Link + Calc Freeze = ?

I don't really know what I'm doing, but when I
start the Virtual TI thing, it asks me if I set
it up before. I click no and it says make sure
it's at the home screen and click next. I set it
to TI-83 Plus and black cable/serial and on port
one, and that doesn't work, then port 2 and that
doesn't work. I tried using TI Graph Link and it
said port 3 and 4 couldn't be opened so I figured
I shouldn't try those. While it is plugged in, it
is locked up. I figured that's why I got nothing
but erros. What should I do?

---- On Mon, 9 Apr 2001, David Knaack
(dknaack@genetech.net) wrote:

> From: "Social Outcast" <sjaguar13@ureach.com>
> >   I was wondering if someone could help me. I
am trying to
> > build a serial link. When I plug in the calc,
it locks up. It
> > will lock up even if the other end isn't in
the computer. Does
> > anyone know how to fix that?
>
> It is normal for it to lock up when the link is
not
> connected to the computer or the serial port
has not
> been initialized by a link program.
>
> If you start up a link program and configure it
for
> the port you are using, does it still lock up?
>
> DK

Get your own "800" number
Voicemail, fax, email, and a lot more
http://www.ureach.com/reg/tag