Re: TI-H: Keyboard

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: Keyboard

I use the PIC microcontrollers from Microchip (http://www.microchip.com/ ), some
people use the AVR line from ATMEL (http://www.atmel.com/ ).

PIC and ATMEL chips can be purchased from http://www.digikey.com/ and other
electronic suppliers.  The programmers needed can be built out of spare parts,
or from parts from Radio shack or any other small electronics store, usualy for
less than $10.

The assemblers are free, Microchip has a free IDE for their assembler called
MPLAB, and I believe that Atmel has an equivilant for their chips.  You can also
program then in C, there are many C compilers for both chips, most of which have
a demo or free version which only limits code size (I use CC5X, from
http://www.bknd.com/ , the free version compiles all the programs I've needed so
far).

You can get started in PIC uControllers for under $20, including one flash chip
(16f84).

More information and links to PIC resources, including cheap programmers and
sample programs, can be found on my site:

http://www.ubasics.com/adam/pic/

I hope this helps!

-Adam