TI-H: TI-89 LCD Driver

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TI-H: TI-89 LCD Driver

I have a few questions about the LCD driver for the
89.  (I'm not sure whether to ask them here or in the
89 asm list, but I'll give it a shot here.)

I assume that the driver doesn't use built-in graphics
RAM, because if it did then grayscale wouldn't work.
Therefore, it must use the RAM that it is assigned to
draw its image from, and not mask over it.  Does it
use bus mastering to read the RAM, or what?  How much
time does an entire read take?  Can the address it
draws its image from be in the flash ROM area?  Do its
reads to the RAM or ROM go through the U8 chip that
controlls flash protection?  Is this why the TI-OS
disables LCD update when unprotecting the ROM?  Just a
few questions...  maybe some of you know the answers
or maybe I will just have to try some tests.  Just
some food for thought.  :)

- Jeff Flanigan