Re: TI-H: Re: Quick radio link survey

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: Re: Quick radio link survey

What is your project website?

There are so many combinations for network configuration... I list a few
here:

It would be cool if the network hardware supported cables and radio.

Hopefully 1 radiopac w/ network would create an active network for multiple
calculators.

##2 or more radiopacs with a few calculators hung off each, all calculators
talking to eachother.  This seems hard to do.##

1 radiopac per calculator, n calculators.

1 server calc, multiple recieve only calcs

and the list goes on...
/////////////////
I like the idea of the use of a commercial radio.  What models are you
considering?  Please make sure that it would be reusable in other projects.
(connected with some sort of cable or socket)

I am willing to pay more for a radio that I can use again.

> Network support would pretty much require software drivers, as the
> calculator obviously does not support multi-link.  One driverless option
> would be to put a two sets of 4 bit dipswitches on the link, in 'network'
> mode the switches would all be off, in direct connect mode the switches
> would be set to 'source' and 'destination' addresses.  The microcontroller
> would always receive all broadcast data, and only send on what was
> intended for it, This would allow multiple calculators to operate in
> 'direct' mode without disturbing other calcs on the network.

I see how network support for more than 2 calculators needs software
drivers... (multiple calculator types...)...

The ability to use the radio like a plain old link would be great for
transfering drivers.  A possibility would be:

Calc with drivers=D
Calc that needs em F,
Other calculators XYZ,

D says: Everybody! Stop talking untill I say OoogaBooga
   (of course the calculators without drivers don't understand)
D starts communicating in TI proticol
F thinks its just a transfer, talks back in TI proticol
D sends F the file
D says: OoogaBooga.

Obviously it would be more complicated than this... what happens if more
than 1 calculator doesn't have drivers?
Opperators would have to pull thier calcs off the net... (no biggie...)  But
then what's the point?!, everybody has link cables, whynot just get close to
send the drivers and then go away again?