Re: TI-H: someone else think up some more OTs

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: someone else think up some more OTs

Giles,
     When I first came to this list, it was with the hope that there would be
info on hooking up a TI-86 to the outside world using HOMEMADE equipment for
data acquisition, machinery control, etc., via both BASIC and Machine
Language.  My real hobby is experimental rocketry and, being retired, I can't
afford to buy the commercially-made stuff from Vernier Inc.  I'm familiar,
now, with several of the TI-oriented sites that offer language help, but
little data interface help.  The most interesting thing I've seen, but can't
figure out how to do, is the MIT Lego robot, done by a Mr. David West, that
used the TI-86.  Very impressive.  I have downloaded some info regarding
communication via the serial port, but it's pretty heavy stuff for me.
Furthermore, the Z80 chip does not support a serial port, so, obviously, TI
has added some internal hardware to go from serial to parallel.  Anyway, you
asked, so there's my answer.
Larry Teebken (larry79054@aol.com)