Re: TI-H: EEPROMS

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: EEPROMS

>Are you going to use TI-BASIC for the programming on the calculator side?
Yes, as I dont know how to program with any other language.  I tried ASM,
but I only got through the first few lessons when I lost interest.

>Do you mean the link port protocol or how to use the link port from
>TI-BASIC?

I mean the link port protocall (how it sends the data via the "1's" and
"0's" through the actual link port).  I know how to use the TI Basic
commands, as I have made many 2p progs to use with my 89 and my friends 92+.

>It seems like theres some interest in this project, have
>you thought about some appliations for the ADC?  You could
>always attach a temperature probe, and voltage probes (maybe
>use probes with a simple voltage divider to allow measurement
>of various voltage ranges >5v.

Yes, as you say, a temperature and voltage probe could be constructed quite
easily.  Then you could move on to more complicated things like pH probes
and a simple oscilloscope (the 89 seems to run quite fast to make this
feasable).

>Offhand I can't think of anything else to use it for :)

It depends on the voltage range of the input on ADC.  If it is a few volts
full scale, then this isnt really very helpful if you want to use things
such as the LM35 precision temperature sensor, which works on a few hundred
millivolts full scale output.

Perhaps if a RTC could be implemented, a reasonably simple frequency counter
could be made. (Not utilising the ADC though).

Simon