Re: TI-H: OT: The Ad I saw

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: OT: The Ad I saw

What in the world are you talking about? MacOS X server has been
proven to beat NT on copying over TCP/IP (Even MacOS 8.6 does that)
and has been proven great in the long run. It has already been
updated to fix those CGI errors and is open-source, so if you don't
like something FIX IT YOURSELF! Second of all, Macs will not use a
Workstation version of MacOS X, they will use MacOS X Client.
Microsoft was stupid for calling it NT Workstation because it NEVER
works.

All G3s can run the MacOS X server, and all 604e's can run MacOS X
client (if Apple sticks with their promise, which they probably will.
They always have before when it comes to supported hardware.)

Apple has an INCORPORATED image, and it looks very good. An stop
referring to Mac or Macintosh as a company, they are products. We
don't go around calling Microsoft Corp. Windows, now do we?

At approximately 12:13 PM -0700GMT on the day Earth People call
6/30/99, J D declared:

>Mac OS X server bites; this has already been proved.  But if the
>workstation version pans out to be what it claims, then yes, the Mac
>OS will rock.  But the machines will still be grossly overpriced.
>::sigh::  If only Macs could lose their crappy corporate image, then
>MAYBE their price would drop enough to make me say "Hey, you know
>what?  Let's go with the consistently built platform, here."  But
>until Macintosh smartens up, that ain't gonna happen.

---
I pledge allegiance to the Mac of Apple Computer Incorporated, and to
the developers for which it stands, one platform, under Jobs,
indestructible, with creativity and multimedia for all.

Follow-Ups: References: