Re: TI-H: OT: The Ad I saw

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: OT: The Ad I saw

>Of COURSE it is!  The Sun platform is FAR superior to any either the PC or
>Mac architecture has to offer.  Of course, the problem is that barely any
>consumer software is available for Sun - they have restricted themselves to
>business and industry.

Nope.  You can run windows on a sun.  You can also run any linux or unix
program available with source or binaries.

>Plus you pay a lot - but unlike with a Mac, you get
>what you pay for.

You're way off on that one.

>And by the way, of course it's TRUE.  YES, a 400MHz G3 will outperform a
>standard PENTIUM, for GOD'S sake!!!

Just look at the public workstation benchmarks and then talk.  You're
beating the dead horse pentium III.  The Mac gives you what you pay for it
and thats a fact.

>That was my POINT - Mac won't compare a
>G3 to a comparable processor - like a P/III or a P/II - in their ads.

Yes they do.  You've got whats called 'selective add choosing disorder'.

Follow-Ups: References: