TI-H: (OT about Grant's 486/68000)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TI-H: (OT about Grant's 486/68000)

OK, Grant, that's just not true.  I mean, really now.  MAYBE a G3/400 and a
PII/400 might be somewhat on par as far as gfx operations and multimedia go,
but the Pentium III is just plain better than G3 chips.  Benchmarks have
proved it.  I love how Macintosh compares its laptops with G3 processors to
Pentium-I class laptops!  They're not SUPPOSED to be competitive with G3s,
the P/IIs are with their P-Pro core logic!

I think, on the other hand, since the two architectures have different
strengths, combining them well would unleash an ENORMOUS amount of
performance....how to do it, though....