Re: TI-H: I know I'm going to regret this...

[Prev][Index][Thread]

David Knaack wrote:

> I still have never seen the QX-10.  I always wondered about
> it because lots of the documentation on the 16 refered to the
> 10.

If you just want to "see" it, there's pictures of it from all
angles here;

http://www.ncsc.dni.us/fun/user/tcc/cmuseum/Qx-10.htm

> > Too bad my monitor's dead.  It draws signal and
> > power through the same weird connector, convenient, until it breaks.
>
> Apparently they changed that for the 16, because, unless I recall
> incorrectly, it uses two cables, one for power and one for signal.

I suppose there's a hack to use a standard CGA on it, but I have
too much else to do.

> For many years the QX-16 ran a very nice monochrome green screen,
> it was great for graphics in high resolution mode (seven hundred and
> some pixel resolution I think).  Eventually we found a kind of crappy
> second hand CGA monitor to put on it so DOS games would be
> more fun.  I remember running StarFlight on that computer.  It was
> actually a custom hacked version.  The QX-16 used a different
> interrupt for the keyboard, so for all the regular MSDOS games I
> wanted to play my dad had to go in an hack the keyboard routines
> so they would work.

That's cool.  My first computer was a Power Mac, about 4 years
ago.  Since then I've started adopting obsolete and unwanted
computers that would otherwise go to the dump.  As far as the
green screen, the page above describes the one for the QX-16 as
"painfully sharp" but perhaps I will never know, it was broke
when I got it.

--
A classic is something that everybody wants to have read, and
nobody wants to read.