Re: TI-H: I know I'm going to regret this...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: I know I'm going to regret this...

From: John Teffer <jdteffer@c4.net>
> David Knaack wrote about his $3000 Epson QX-16:
>
> > Yes indeed, it will run CP/M or MS-DOS (some sub version of 2).
Generally
> > it sits
> > in the ValDocs main menu.  Anybody remember that?
>
> Yeah, I have a QX-10, the 16's little brother.

I still have never seen the QX-10.  I always wondered about
it because lots of the documentation on the 16 refered to the
10.

> Love that big red
> "Stop" button.

Came in handy for lots of games :)
That was my favorite keyboard for a long time, had a great
feel to it.

> Too bad my monitor's dead.  It draws signal and
> power through the same weird connector, convenient, until it breaks.

Apparently they changed that for the 16, because, unless I recall
incorrectly, it uses two cables, one for power and one for signal.

For many years the QX-16 ran a very nice monochrome green screen,
it was great for graphics in high resolution mode (seven hundred and
some pixel resolution I think).  Eventually we found a kind of crappy
second hand CGA monitor to put on it so DOS games would be
more fun.  I remember running StarFlight on that computer.  It was
actually a custom hacked version.  The QX-16 used a different
interrupt for the keyboard, so for all the regular MSDOS games I
wanted to play my dad had to go in an hack the keyboard routines
so they would work.

DK

I believe I found the missing link between animal and civilized man. It is
us.
  -- Konrad Lorenz

Follow-Ups: References: