Re: TI-H: LED Backlight

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: LED Backlight

> Well, I haven't seen either, but a backlight will usually reduce the
> visability of the LCD in normal light, the only time it will improve
> the visability is when you use it in a dark area.

This sounds plausible. But you can switch on the backlight all the
time.

> If the screen contrast
> is worse than a typical 85 I don't think I'd recommend a backlight
> unless you already have something better to put behind it.

The only things I have to compare is my HP48G and a friends '89.
You can say that the HP48G is better than the 92 but worse than
the 89. This calculator has the best 'Graph' calc I've ever seen.

> An EL backlight probably would not be a good idea.

Oh? Then happens what we call in german a
'verschlimmbesserung' :-)
It means that you want to improve something, and get your
improvement, but in an other way it will going worse. :-)

> I remove the plastic screens on my 85's, it makes the LCD much
> easier to see, the plastic is kind of hazy, and any covering will
> decrease the visibility.

I already removed the plastic. No problem with dirt. I keep my ti
always clean. :-)
Now I have a little improved contrast.

> It doesn't look as nice of course, but that doesn't really bother
> me.

I think the TI Backlight is ok. But the thing which makes me mad is
that I pay more than 400,- DM for a machine that is some cases
still beaten by the 10 year old HP.
Thats the only reason.