TI-H: Re: y2k

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TI-H: Re: y2k

well i dont know about you people but i do belive some thing will happen
for
shure.
if every thing works perficatly the phones are going to be overloaded
like any
other major deistor.  i am involved in providing communications ( via
amature
radio) between three hospitals around here and also going out to get
doctors if
the need arises. belive it or not the hospitals can not even talk to the
ambulences without the dispatch center and in a meating with the local
gov.
officals they said that the 911 sys may not be y2k complient.

as far as my personal redyness goes i have 4 big battries that those
forklifts
run on wired in parrel and i can run the house, and radios for close two
weeks,
and if need be i have a converted lawn mower that can recarge them in
under a
day.  for heating i have 2 40 lb cyinlders of propain and 2 catlyic heat
converters for it. also i have a 2 and half week supply of food and
water.

now some people view this as extreem, but i would rather be prepaired
than freze
in my own house (it gets cold around chicago you know).

i pray that i am wrong,

Bryan Fields