Re: TI-H: Re: y2k

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: Re: y2k

On Wed, 29 Dec 1999, Giles Pollock wrote:

> im going to be on the net when my clocks tick over and when everyone elses
> clocks tick over so i can laugh at them when nothing happens, my 486 is
> compliant til 2108... a strange date but still...
>
> I know real paranoids who are stockpiling water... even if the computers
> controlling the water supply did go down, they could be reset and updated
> within days, and all it controls is the water level in the towers, so it
> wouldnt matter for a few days anyway...

Heh.

A friend of mine was shopping in a Wal-Mart, and this woman in front of
him was buying nearly 100 canadian dollars worth of batteries and
flashlights, saying "these are for when the lights go out".

My friend then said, "but new batteries have microchips in them."

She absolutely freaked out, and went off to buy some candles :-)

- Gary Marsh, gmarsh@thezone.net

Follow-Ups: References: