RE: TI-H: My OT question... Part 2

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: TI-H: My OT question... Part 2

>One could always just run some good stereo wire (carefully) up stairs if you
>have a good fish tape.  I did the same, except my main computer is upstairs,
>and the stereo downstairs.  The only trouble is that good, high quality
>stereos, like Marantz for example, can pick up the defects in mp3'  because
>like it or not, they aren't better then CD's.  But it is hardly noticeable.

It has nothing to do with the stero, but with the way the MP3 is processed.
My hardware MP3 players take out artifacts and use active audio filters to
get the sound very clear.

I use a Marantz model 22/5B and you can't tell the difference between one
of my CDs and an MP3.  (N2MP3 encoder/192kbit joint stero).

Very good treble and bass reproduction.

>Of course, an average, or cheap stereo wont pick this up.  If you can run
>some wire in your walls, give it a shot!  (I'm not saying your stereo is a
>piece of crap before you think I'm insulting you.)

If you can hear it, chances are that its the sound cards fault (not a good
filter).  The only reason a good stero would make it sound better is
because they have real nice filters.