Re: TI-H: PIC's

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: PIC's

186?  As in 80186?  I heard of that chip referred to in computer magazines a
few years ago but I had thought it was just some idiot writing the ad who
didn't really know what he was talking about.

----Original Message Follows----
 >Grant, I usually appreciate your comments in this list, but I suppose I
don't
 >understand your point of reference.  Yes, some PICs are expensive compared
 >other processors.  But for some products and users, they work much better
than
 >other processors.
 >
 >When you say general comments such as, "The newer ones cost way too much."
It
 >would be more helpful if you would qualify that by stating what they cost
too
 >much for.  Hobbyist use?  Maybe.  Pace Makers?  Dunno.  Large
 >manufacturers who
 >can order them in 1M quantities?  Probably not.

For a bunch of things.  Since the 186 has come out it has filled large
embedded apps, and the AVR and COP the rest.