Re: TI-H: I know I'm going to regret this...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: I know I'm going to regret this...

Have you notived that it is written better than MSDOS?  Its fast!  :)

Its not MSDOS compatible, its a DOS replacement.  The programmers didn't
design it to be a clone of MSDOS, but a substitute for it.  its completely
compatible with DOS programs, but is written in a different way than MSDOS.

Grant

>found one problem with it though... why does it take up so extremly much
>memory?
>it grabbes 117K of conventional ram..   4dos takes 4k..  maybe it workes
>better
>with its own kernel...
>
>//Olle
>
>Olle Hedman wrote:

>> > I've never tried, because I don't care for win95.  :)

>>4dos
>> > This is a command.com and OS replacement
>>
>> I tried to run the command.com from FreeDOS under w95..  worked perfectly!
>> I'll try to use it for a while, and see how I like it.
>> Had one very big plus..  it was the first shell for DOS I've seen that has
>> "real" tabcompletion..
>> that is, completes as far as it can, and then if you tab again, shows a
>>list..
>> all others has some strange version where you have to tab throug all that
>> matches.. very bad..
>> If it has coloring too, I think this is my new shell for dos :)
>>
>> //Olle

Follow-Ups: References: