Re: TI-H: Linux link software.

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: Linux link software.

Ok, I've sat here and read this 'weed' debate long enough. Here's my 2 cents:

I've seen several people (in high school) who are totally fscked up on
weed. There's this one dude (who shall remain nameless) I know who is a
genious. I consider myself to be pretty smart, but this dude makes me feel
stupid. _BUT_, this dude is on weed, bad. Every day. He sleeps through
school, spends half the day in the office, and never flunks, because the
teachers just don't want to mess with him. Most teachers just let him sleep
through their classes because half the time he comes to school stoned.
I'm sure that there's more to the problem than _just_ weed, from what I've
talked to him, his family is dysfunctional out the sphycter (sp?). But,
even with a dysfunctional family, he would probably never gotten on weed if
it wasn't available. Weed has fscked his life over.
I support anti-drug measures. I do feel like some things (like DARE) are
stupid, but there should be much more effective airborne border controls,
being as that is the main pipeline of foreign drugs in the U.S. I've seen
people fscked up on weed. Not kewl.
If weed _is_ legalized, think of the problems. Drunk driving bad? Think
what'll happen if people start driving stoned? One of the major reasons a
lot of kids smoke weed is that it's illegal. If it becomes legal, people
will just start doing illegal stuff, like crack, lsd, stuff that will
_really_ screw you up. Plus, if it's illegal, if you think school bathrooms
stink now, imagine if they smelled like weed...

-Scott

P.S. Not sorry for the length, but for the meandering nature of my 2 cents.

Follow-Ups: References: