Re: TI-H: Linux link software.

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: Linux link software.

From: Olle Hedman <oh@hem.passagen.se>
>David Knaack wrote:
>>
>> From: Ryan Pogge <pogge@shore.intercom.net>
>> >well,
>> > *asumeing* that Public opinion is such.... (and I am not
>> > familiar with the exact laws of amsterdam, but I would
>> >think that it would
>> >not be legal in pulic places like returaunts, and office
>> >buildings?
>>
>> Its legal anywhere, but out of respect for other people
>> pot smoking is generally only done at home and in
>> coffee shops.  While its legal to light up anywhere its
>> generally not done.
>
>It's not really leagal in amsterdam either.. it is just a policy from the
police
>to not prosecute the use of it.

Are you absolutly sure about that?  Everything I've read says that it is
actually legal.  However, I have not read the offical laws, nor have I
ever been anywhere near Amsterdam.

http://www.homepage-amsterdam.com/Pages/contents.html

>And about this tobacco <-> MJ thing you are discussing.. I dont really
>understand why you think it would affect it at all? Smoking tobacco and
smoking
>pot has absolutely nothing in common..

Not really, people smoke tobacco to reduce stress, as a social
activity, and because it is addictive.  MJ is a very effective stress
reliever, is typicly a fairly social activity (pass the bong, dude), but
is not addictive. (These are the main reasons for tobacco smoking
as I see it, I can't think of any others).
Heavy pot smoking does of course have more pronounced effects
that have no analog for tobacco smokers.

-DK