Re: TI-H: empeg player

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: empeg player

not to bad realy if he would just provide a little more user
interface ...
its realy a full blown linux system... if he would just put
a VGA out
and a keyboard :) I mean look at the clarion Pro audio
CAR-PC
its 1200 bucks and it cant play mp3's.

I think he has a nice product...

of course for JUST an MP3 player that price is a little
steep....
ours will be less than 300 bucks probably.... course now its
gotten to
the point of useing a  68020  uP as opposed to a uC.
but that shouldent add too much cost.   course the plans and
software
will also be availbe for free on the net....

> ...and what is wrong with this? The only thing I can find
wrong is the
> price...
>
> At 12:53 PM 4/1/99 -0600, you wrote:
> >
> >Thought some of you might get a kick out of this:
> >
> >http://www.empeg.com/main.html
> >
> >empegCAR Technical Specifications
> >
> >Hardware
> >
> >Processor  220MHz StrongARM S-1100-DA
> >Flash memory  1MB
> >RAM  8MB 60ns FPM
> >DSP  SAA7705H
> >DACs  16 bit sign-magnitude, fourfold oversampling
digital filters, noise
> >shaping
> >Tuner  FM fuzzy logic autotuning radio, full RDS, RBDS
capability
> >FM tuning range  88 to 108 MHz, 12.5 kHz steps
> >Display  128 x 32 dot matrix vacuum fluorescent display,
2 bits per pixel
> >IR capability  SIR IrDA I/O, Consumer IR input
> >Buttons  4 software assignable pushbuttons, in diamond
layout on front panel
> >HDD ports  2 ATA 2.5" HDD standard 2MM headers on main
board HDD bays accept
> >17mm, 12.7mm or 8mm standard laptop drives with corner
mounting
> >screws.Serial IO Full 9-pin PC serial port on head unit,
data rate to
> >230Kbits/s. TX, RX, GND, +12V @ 100mA on 300mm flying
lead from docking
> >connector, terminated in 9 pin female socket
> >USB  12MBit/s standard type B socket on head unit
> >RF input  Standard antenna socket with adaptor for euro
socket
> >Power input  +12V on 300mm flying lead fused at 2A with
inline fuseholder.
> >Negative earth only
> >Auxillary control output  +12V @ 1A maximum on 300mm
flying lead
> >Audio outputs  1V line level stereo RCA jacks. 4V line
level front & rear
> >stereo
> >  RCA line jacks on docking connector
> >Audio inputs  1V line level stereo RCA line jacks
> >
> >Audio
> >
> >DAC sample rate  fixed 44.1KHz
> >DAC typical S/N ratio  110dBA
> >

> -Dan