Re: TI-H: AOL chat rooms (was "linux...")

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: AOL chat rooms (was "linux...")

Oh, so you're saying that it's impossible for someone to write a script (under
ViRC, which is Delphi-based, or Xircon, which is TCL-based) which can process
HTML tags?  And I guess you can't utilize color codes in IRC either, right?
I can send any ASCII characters I want to an IRC channel.  That text can then
be processed to reveal colors, hyperlinks, etc..  My normal IRC client
autoprocesses all hyperlinks so I can just jump to a site specified in the
topic or even the message window itself.  It's possible, and it's done.  All
IRC servers do is manage intrachannel communication, as well as /msg mode.
Are you telling me that AOL doesn't do this.  furthermore, do you honestly
think that AOL would not use a pre-existing chat system in order to save
themselves the trouble?  It IS IRC, but the client end processes more data.

CK

Brian Watson wrote:

> AOL's chat rooms are based upon HTML.  They use HTML tags.  It is not IRC.
>
> --Brian

> Brian Watson (pilotcar@iserv.net)
> AIM: Moofit

Follow-Ups: References: