Re:TI-H: Re: Grant: Master of AOL (NOT!)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re:TI-H: Re: Grant: Master of AOL (NOT!)

SWEET MOTHER OF MERCY, My poor 6200 has no PCI, What can I do in OF? WHAT
CAN I DO?

>The mac has alaways had a text OS used for debuging.
>
>To get an idea of what goes on durring the startup (in text) install the
>mach_kernel and look at all the firmware messages.  Says everything you
>need to know and more about your computer.
>
>If you have a Power Mac with a PCI bus, the hold down command+option+O+F
>and you will enter BIOS.  Do this before the computer gets to the happy
>face.
>
>You can force the computer to startup off of a linux kernel without ever
>seeing the Macos by changing the bootdevice.  You can also change the
>startup resolution.  It will also tell you how many BOGO MIPS you have...
>
>pretty cool...
>
>Grant

---
I pledge allegiance to the Mac of Apple Computer Incorporated, and to the
developers for which it stands, one platform, under Jobs, indestructible,
with creativity and multimedia for all.

Follow-Ups: References: