Re: TI-H: [OT] Un-TI-Hardware@somegenerousperson.net

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: [OT] Un-TI-Hardware@somegenerousperson.net

>At the time that the iMac came out, USB support did NOT exist in Linux.
>Maybe in
>some development kernels, but would an iMac user, even one willing to try
>Linux,
>WANT to use an unstable kernel (note: K-E-R-N-E-L, not kernal)?  If they did,
>they'd be running NT5 (sic)
>NetBSD, at the time that I had looked into it, was the only UNIX variant
>that had
>USB support in a stable kernel.
>But Octanes... cool... 8 CPUs and a LIGHT!!!  now that's pompous system
>design.
>Ain't it cool?
>And to continue with the "Grant is wrong" deal, Linux hardly existed when
>SNES and
>NES games were being developed.  No one wants to work with a pre-release OS on
>substandard hardware when developing commercial products.  Now that Intel
>machines
>are becoming cheaper (note: C-H-E-A-P, not cheep) and more cost effective
>(and by
>Intel, I also include AMD, Cyrix, and IDT, amongst others), Linux might be
>a viable
>solution for game development, but I'd prefer an Octane any day of the week.

Maybe if you havn't figured out I use the term linux to describe lots of
things.  get a life.  "Chris is wrong"  The iMac's beta USB support came
out a day or two before the iMac.  RedHat PPC is an internal apple thingie.

-The FIRST public domain portable hardware mp3 player-
http://gussie.alaska.net