Re: TI-H: TCP/IP

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: TCP/IP

Well, I would, but I lost the code when that machine crashed.  I need Disk #1
of MacOS8 to get the files back... :)
(For those of you who don't know, this is a reference to Grant's "I need
precopy2.cab!" explanation for the lack of any posted info a while back...
hehehe)
Seriously, I don't have it anymore, because in case you're forgetting, it
sucked, and was a development tool at best.  I was basically using the PC
hardware as a modem & TCP/IP stack for the TI, all through the parallel port.
Aka, I was testing the feasability of such a system.  It's since been deleted
in the no-so-grand cleansing of my hard drive, mainly because I was running out
of space and got sick of not having the code work properly.  Sorry :(
And be careful with a 68040... they're not exactly hobbyist-level chips to work
with.  If you want a production model of an mp3 player, go ahead.  Otherwise,
use smaller, simpler components, so you can more easily squash any bugs.
Although, if you want cheap CPU's for basic control capabilities, a 286 might
do the trick.  A socketed version is easier to deal with, and x86 code is a
cinch for even me to write (well, mostly).

Grant Stockly wrote:

> Chris:  Post that TCP/IP stack you said you had working with telenet.  I'd
> like to see it.
>
> I programmed a TCP/IP stack for the motorola 68k series with TCP support.
> I'm thinking on using a 33MHz 68040 for decodeing MP3s instead of the $28
> MAS.  Then I can decode mpegs and drive a hard drive with the same chip.
>
> Btw, does anyone know the controller that the TI-92 uses?!?  I learned how
> to drive VGA monitors so I might be able to throw together a dirty
> interface if I know the controller.  it probably is a hitachi controller or
> something.  8bits wide and 3 lines for handshake.
>
> mpg123 is already ported to the motorola 68k series processor.  I never
> knew a 33MHz CISC processor could do MP3s!  (68040)
>
> The only problem is programming an interrupt dirven LCD driver to update
> the audio visualization.  Like in Mac/WinAMP except on a car player...  Its
> not realy a problem, just now that HS has started, I don't have too much
> time.
>
> Grant

Follow-Ups: References: