Re: TI-H: CBL clone (METER)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: CBL clone (METER)

On 13-Nov-98, Grant Stockly wrote:

>> ---Adam Davis <adavis@baladyne.com> wrote:
>>>

>>> Well, I need at least a 20MHz scope, if not 60. ;-)
>>>
>>> -Adam
>> Well, i need a 400 MHz scope, but there are limitations. I'm probably
>> gonna use an AVR (not certain yet) and since they can't go faster than
>> 12MHz? (or was it 16?), you can't get 20MHz. Maybe 2/3 MHz, but that's
>> it.
>
> you can 0C it to 20MHz...

The speed of the micro controller is irrelevant as you could/should have a
high
speed clock that increments a counter that "controls" the address bus of you
20ns SRAM that gets the data from the ADC. The write line on the RAM being
controlled by the clock... The micro controller should only start the
conversion
to RAM(of course with the right frequency on the clock thing), and deal with
the
"low" speed transfer to the calc, where you can display the signal, calculate
different stuff like peak to peak, frequency, RMS and what ever the "scope"
should calculate.

--
Greetings from Visti Andresen (talpa/IRIS)
     May the AMIGA be with you.

    Want my PGP key? Look at my WWW Page or mail me.