Re: TI-H: TI-86 Slowdown?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: TI-86 Slowdown?

---David Knaack <dknaack@geocities.com> wrote:

> Ok, apparently no one on the list is both proficent in analog
electronics
> and willing to help out with this problem, so here is what my next
attempt
> will be.
>
> What I'm guessing I need is a low-pass filter that will cut the
noise I
> am detecting (50mV total amplitude, 10kHz).  Since I haven't found
> anyone who could tell me how to design a decent filter, I am drawing
> on another hobby, audio systems.
> Now, does anyone have any comments or suggestions on how
> I might be able to acomplish this better, or do none of
> you have any experiance with analog electronics?
>
> Thanks,
> DK
Uhm, sorry, i was busy on another project. Anyway if you have problems
finding small inductors, you could always use another filter using a
resistor and a capacitor (since both can be found small.) these
filters aren't as good as filters using capacitors and inductors, but
for applications like yours it's good enough.
It looks like this:
    ------
O--|  R1  |----------O
    ------    |
             ---
             --- C1

O--------------------O

Switch R1 and C1 for a highpass filter. I believe the formula was:
       1
  2*pi*R1*C1

I'm not totally sure, because i haven't used this for a while, but i
will check it and let you know. BTW, are you sure you're calc doesn't
work because of that little rimple?(I can't believe 50mV can crash a
calc.) Anyway, i hope you can use this.

Sayonara,

Neil