Re: Toll Booth and junk (was Re(fcc): TI-H: Radio/In...)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Toll Booth and junk (was Re(fcc): TI-H: Radio/In...)

are you sure you are programming toll booths? Thats the SILLIEST (again,
easiest word) thing I've ever heard... do you know how LONG it will take
to do it thru a serial port? People are going to have 7 gig HDD's and
_I_ sure as hell don't want to transfer 7 gigs thru a damn serial
port...

>From: "Jon Olson" <morph@jmss.com>
>To: <ti-hardware@lists.ticalc.org>
>Subject: Re: Toll Booth and junk (was Re(fcc): TI-H: Radio/In...)
>Date: Wed, 4 Nov 1998 18:18:03 -0500
>

>I meant eliminate the need for constant defragmenting for those of us
who
>have large, ever changing mp3 playlists, and no, i didn't read your
post
>because you haden't sent it when i replied :>
>
>(or it haden't gotten from your mail server to the list server, because
>get my messages back in <1 minute). anyway, I think we've agreed on
what a
>good way of doing things, now we just need grant to get on-line and
code it
>:>
>
>Also, I've starded work on a nice Windows based program that will talk
via a
>serial port to his device. I haven't checked to see if he's released
the
>protocol to communicate with the player yet, but I'm building a base
shell.
>Because i'm in windows NT, serial i/o is a lot easier tha parallel i/o
(have
>to make ~30 i/o calls to write to the parallel port directly so i've
>heard...think i read that on a page for some TI-85 linking software.
I'll