Re: TI-H: re: mouse interface

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: re: mouse interface

On 02-Nov-98, Grant Stockly wrote:

If someone wanted to connect a mouse to a TI-XX why not take a knife and cut
the
PCB traces in the mouse, then soldering a small amount of electronics into the
mouse thrust making an left, right, up and down line that then could be
connected to the keyboard in the calc?

Of course it would not be needed to cut wires if some one made a ARV or PIC
driver.. this was been done to convert a PC serial mouse to an Amiga mouse but
thats a totally different story..

Besides that I have to agree that a mouse would have little or no use on a
calc
but what the hell....

> Its not hard at all.  Its time wasting just like I2C...
> The calc can keep up, but with speed taken away from the program.  it would
> be real slow.
>
> Like on a 586 100 playing mp3s.  If you have a real fat vide card going and
> a ms serial mouse, moving the mouse will skip the muzik.
>
> Grant
>

>> Like I said, the hard part....
>>
>> About the clock, I was just using an example.
>>
>> At 04:36 PM 11/1/98 -0900, you wrote:
>>>
>>> How do you know the calc can keep up with the clock? and if the clock is
>>> too fast the calc will be slowed to a crawl trying to see what the mouse
is
>>> saying.

Greetings from Visti Andresen (talpa/IRIS)
     May the AMIGA be with you.
  http://www.mip.ou.dk/~talpa

    Want my PGP key? Look at my WWW Page or mail me.