TI-H: a new port question.

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TI-H: a new port question.

This is for Rich...

I am thinking of putting in another port on my 86, or rip out my SpInterface
port on my 85, and try it on it first.
It'll be just one of those 9 pin solder point computer cable jacks.  Like
the one connecting your monitor to your computer, and some people's Mouse.
Wouldn't that work just as good if not better than your SpInterface Port?
Because the parts are more readily available at your local Radio Shack, and
you've still got 9 pins to work with b/c your 10th pin was used to ensure it
was turned the right direction.  You wouldn't need that with this.
So, if I do this, I'll need some ideas on what the standard should be for
each pin, that way when someone wants to take a computer accesory with the
same 9 pin plug on it, they can connect it into this, and have the ability
to write code for it, and not have to hope it's all set up right...  Know
what I mean?
Just tell me what each pin should be, like red wire, whit wire, ground,
power, etc...  Thanks for your help, and other people can contribute to this
as well, not just Rich...  :)