Re: TI-H: BRIAN + GRANT read

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: BRIAN + GRANT read

Okay...  If I were to invest in a computer, it wouldn't have all this junk
that average companies try to pull...  First of all, 32MB of ram isn't
enough.  128 is standard for network devolpement/serving/3d applications
and so on.  Second of all, it needs to either have a small raid solution...
2 4GB drives is standard these days, and 2 9GB drives is what I should
think about getting...  If not raid, its got to be Ultra-SCSI...  Did you
know that your fastest IDE drive can't top about 6MB per sec?  :)

Also, the 20x CD players that you find for $68 aren't of good quality...
and most IDE drives that are that cheep don't even support audio ripping...

2MB PCI video card is old too.  With my new computer I'm getting a 3D
accelrated video card with 8MB of ram...

It should also be comparable to that of a 466MHz alpha in speed...  (233MHz
mac or a 400MHz pent).  MMX is just a rip of the pent II with like 4 or 5
new instructions so just because its MMX doesn't mean its good...

A good processor alone should cost atleast $650.  Not the whole computer.

It also needs to hav onboard ethernet at either 10 or 100Base.

I know I've forgotten a few things, but you can get the computer I've
described for $4,790 complete with 20" monitor kbd and mouse...  I'm not
going to tell you where, because this list can't handle mature thoughts...