Re: TI-H: New Calculator!!!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: New Calculator!!!

>Why not make a whole new calculator!!! You could buy a standard, off the
>shelf Z80, add as much SRAM as you can fit into it, and use a large

Why bother?  Get a SBC P90, slap on an LCD and 128 Mb of ram, and
you have a TI-92 sized laptop that will run DOS/Windoze/Linux or whatever.
Throw on a TI-92 emulator, take it to the SATs and tell them it is a TI-92
in a custom case :) Get an SBC with ISA bus connectors and you even
have a fast, versital interface to it.  You can even attach a nice mini IDE
laptop drive to the built in IDE interface.

We're getting to the point of re-inventing the wheel here.  Not that that is
bad, but it sounds like a lot of time and money to do something that has
already been done.
On the other hand, if you happen to have alot of time, and some money
(I have neither), it would be a great learning experiance, and would impress
the hell out of your teachers/profs.

DK