From: nuke@bayside.net
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 1998 15:20:19 -0500 (EST)
To: ti-hardware@lists.ticalc.org
Subject: Re: TI-H: random email
Sender: owner-ti-hardware@lists.ticalc.org

On Sun, 1 Mar 1998, Grant Stockly wrote:

> Actually there is no superior OS, and Macs and IBMs are both PCs...
>
> If there was a superior OS it wouldn't run on Intel, it would run on IBM
> Inc. processors.

if it were truly superior, it would run on anything

--- well Rhapsody is going to be cross-platform (intel and IBM)

>If you were to build a link cable into your ti, how long would you want
>it?  I have a 21' cable, and it's the size of a donut.  (MMM donuts).
>But what size would be good for most of you?
>Also, does the IR/RF/Remote control "links" each need a seperate
>transmitting "eye" (by eye I mean the 'window' on a remote control.
>
>~Larry C
>Larry1492@juno.com

Not too long, because the signals get kinda weak after about 50 cms (unless
you shove a signal amplifier in there which is...not really required). Mine
is bout a foot long (my serial cable). Overall, a short cable is a better
bet.

My contribution to wasting bandwidth.