TI-H: New EII!!! Subcontracting to build them

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TI-H: New EII!!! Subcontracting to build them

Does the board have the MMOD port on it? It'd make it very easy to expand the
memory further.

Also, My new job is VERY time consuming. I might be able to do a few, but I'm
not sure.

I did say i officialy quit doing upgrades on my web page, but i guess i could
do some EIIs for the SPinTerface port. 45 minutes aint that bad.

For the MMOD port, all you need is + and -, two wires that interupt power from
the supply (easy for the SPinTerface version or the link version) and then the
4 wires that lead to the chip (excluding the power wires).

If you have a board layout done already, i could make changes to support the
MMODs. The MMODs can be built into emptied out 9-pin D connector (like a
serial port) shells. I admit, They could definitely stand to look nicer, but
they would do. The MMOD would probably be point to point soldering liek the
old ESF (unless you did a TINY board, which is possible). Does the EII board
fit in a 3x5 cm space? then, with a hole in the center you can use a GREAT
radio shack case for them. It's tiny! Probably no room for socketed chips, but
definitely a good case!

I think I might end up doing SPinTerface versions (maybe link versions too),
since i can afford an hour or two to make them each day. I'd like to do this,
but i won't actualy be buiilding the SPinTerfaces, since i simply don't have
the time for it.

I'd be happy to do EIIs if they are on a pre fabed PCB. I'd like to look at
the PCB and change it to allow the MMOD port to be used. Like I said, it's
only 8 wires total. Plain old female header. It's quite simple. At the most,
you might need two jumper wires. That's it!!!

Are you interested in my offer to modify the board for the MMOD?

Let me know.

Richard Piotter
richfile@prairie.lakes.com

The Richfiles TI Hardware and BASIC web page:
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Lakes/5081/Richfiles.html

Follow-Ups: References: