Re: TI-H: Ph34r my 3r337 nu hax0red t0y

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: Ph34r my 3r337 nu hax0red t0y

Mel Tsai wrote:

> Bryan, don't make me smack you :P

Its not your fault national semi chose fairly big EEPROM pages. I'm
sure they had their reasons. The 45D041 is simply more efficient
for smaller programs. That was my point, not that it is in any
way your fault that the ESF had bigger pages. Talk about being
overly protective :)

> First of all, the ESF was 1 meg, not 512k...  There are NOT that many
> programs COMBINED (that are worth storing) across all the calcs to
> warrant worrying about efficiency.  Storage efficiency, on average, is
> about 70 to 80% with the ESF...  Fine and dandy...  And not one person
> I know has ever used all 1 meg, so :PPP...  Worst case you store only
> 256 1-byte files which is a 0% efficiency...  As soon as all your
> games hit 4k or larger (I imagine most 85 games were in the 3k to 7k
> range), the absolute worst case efficiency is 50%, and it can only go
> up from there.

But the E2 looks better if I bend the numbers. You remember that ad
Microchip posted on its web site when the AVRs first came out?
"WHY PICS ARE BETTER THAN AVRS... Cuz, uhh, if you don't think so,
we're out of business."

Bryan

--
Bryan Rittmeyer