Re: TI-H: General questions with a possibly big im

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: General questions with a possibly big im

Grant, you can't just "use" chips like that in normal designs... It's
far above the average hobbiest, and far above most everyone in this
list, probably including you :).

Do you have any idea how many support chips such systems would
require, and the fact that they're all 0.5mm spacing packages that are
virtually impossible to solder without professional wave soldering
equipment?

Just keeping things realistic :).

>Why don't you just reprogram an existing emulator and run it on an Imbedded
>chip such as the 386 AMD, or if you want power, a $28 25MHz PPC 403.
>
>>I though about the multiple processors too.  depending on price and any
>>interfacing problems i may have during development, i may do this.
>>Perhaps three processors:  1 master and 2 slaves, with the master able
>>to assign tasks to the slaves.  This means, however, that i would need
>>the expander to be multiple access. this could be possible i guess, and
>>i wouldnt need to worry about the processors interfereing with each
>>others RAM, but i think it should be able to have each processor access
>>the screen RAM and also have a cross buffer that can be used to cross
>>processor memory transfers.  The interfaceing for these RAM parts tho
>>could be difficult.  I dont know ill havce to try it out.  Does nayone
>>knoe how much individual Z80's cost from anywhere/

-Mel

Follow-Ups: References: