Re: TI-H: E2 (Shameless ad)...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: E2 (Shameless ad)...

Uhh, you already developed a working E2 driver that uses the EuP97
architecture for the TI-85? I'd love to take a look at it, that
could save me a ton of work with the TI-86 driver.

The nice thing about the TI-85/83/82 is that hl suffices for a memory
pointer. On the 86 you have to deal with yucky paged memory,
calls like _set_word_ahl and _get_word_ahl and all of that nasty
stuff. I personally think 96k of memory is a bit of a stretch for
an 8 bit processor, but TI seems to have done a good job with it.

The TI-92, of course, handles 32 bit natively and you can use 32 bit
memory pointers easily.

Bryan