Re: TI-H: QuickCam

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: QuickCam

A good application for it would be taking shots for an opening screen or
as a low res camera. The TI-85 can hold 28 images with all other memory
cleared. 86 more, 92 has bigger screen, so I don't know. All I do know
is that it would only display the image. If you wanted to, you could
maybe find a way to interface some large capacity memory device to the
AVR and Quick Cam and use the TI as a display to flip through B&W or
grayscale thumbnails of full size images in the memory device. Like a
digital camera. Video coferencing on a TI would be a joke. The calc migt
get a frame per second at a VERY good rate with EXCELENT programming,
but you might as well buy a kit for your computer then. If you want to
do it, it would be cool to simply know it's possible though!  =)

Richard Piotter
richfiles1@hotmail.com

>>Yah...i'd love to try it...is the link port capable of handling enough
>>bandwidth though? I know my parallel port has problems with it...
>
>Your parallel port...  The macintosh (serial) has some pacing function
that
>I'm investigating.  The AVR will receive a get picture type command and
>relay all of the bytes back to the calc (depending on the calc) so the
calc
>can view it.  Add microphone, hub, and you have viedo confrencing on a
TI!